- What is an Equipment Maintenance Management Program (EMMP)?
- Where is Remi located?
- How does Remi deliver savings?
- Is preventative maintenance covered by your program?
- Can we add or remove equipment at any time? Will the program cost change?
- How do we pay for this program?
- Who will service our equipment since we would no longer have a service contract with our vendors?
- Do you cover facilities/plant equipment?
- With our service contracts all repair costs are covered, what does your program cover?
- What equipment is covered by this program?
1. What is an Equipment Maintenance Management Program (EMMP)?
Literally every commercial enterprise and public entity owns and maintains many different types of electronic equipment. Generally, these organizations will purchase service agreements or extended service contracts from the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) at the time of equipment purchase. This practice leads to an organization having numerous service agreements in place to finance the cost of maintaining their equipment and results in an expensive, unmanageable and generally obscure situation. The EMMP replaces an organization's multiple service contracts with a comprehensive program that consolidates the cost of equipment maintenance and provides a maintenance operating system that produces measurable cost savings, administrative efficiency, and enhanced visibility pertaining to an organization's equipment portfolio.
2. Where is Remi located?
Remi is located in Charlotte, North Carolina, with regional field offices across the country.
3. How does Remi deliver savings?
By consolidating your current vendor service contracts into one comprehensive program, we eliminate the high costs and inefficiencies of multiple vendor service contracts achieving a cost savings of 10-22% off your current contracts.
4. Is preventative maintenance covered by your program?
Yes, in addition to covering corrective maintenance, this program can cover Preventative Maintenance (PM) on your equipment as well. You choose the quantity of PMs to be covered, typically following OEM recommendations. All PMs are reflected in the equipment schedule so you can track completion status in Remi Online.
5. Can we add or remove equipment at any time? Will the program cost change?
Equipment can be added or deleted from the program by providing written notification. Program cost is adjusted accordingly on a prorated basis.
6. How do we pay for this program?
The program fee is usually paid quarterly. Annual and monthly payment plans are also available.
7. Who will service our equipment since we would no longer have a service contract with our vendors?
Remi does not service equipment. Your organization will continue to utilize your preferred service providers or any qualified service provider that you decide can deliver quality service.
8. Do you cover facilities/plant equipment?
No. Elevators, escalators, and HVAC equipment tend to be mechanical in nature and require a significant amount of scheduled maintenance. Through our experience we have found that the most cost effective method is to purchase a preventative maintenance/inspection service agreement. We advise our customers to place these types of systems under a preventative maintenance program and verify that the service provider is performing preventative maintenance in compliance with the manufacturer's specifications.
9. With our service contracts all repair costs are covered, what does your program cover?
The EMMP covers corrective and preventative maintenance costs for equipment scheduled on the program. The service agreement and schedule of covered equipment provides clear coverage terms defining coverage at the equipment asset level. Coverage can be customized to meet the needs of your organization.
10. What equipment is covered by this program?
Any equipment that is electronic in nature. Primary categories include medical, scientific, testing, telecommunications, network, data processing, general office, security systems, financial equipment, mail processing, and any other type of electronic equipment.